Recipe by Ivana Sandic
The easiest cake in the world and the taste is exquisite. It is similar with the Austrian cake, but this one is way better. My grandma got this recipe about 50 years ago, and we've been making it ever since.
For the crust
- 200 g chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 8 eggs
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g ground walnuts
For the filling and icing
- 150 g chocolate
- 4 -5 tablespoons water
- 400 g apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Melt the chocolate and butter.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- 3. Whisk 8 egg whites until firm peaks. Add the sugar and whisk some more.
- 4. Slowly add the yolks, and flour with the baking powder.
- 5. With a spatula, add cooled chocolate mix and ground walnuts.
- 6. In a lightly greased tin (35X20cm) and bake for 25-30 minute.
- 7. After the crust is done, take it out of the tin and leave it to cool.
- 8. Once the crust is cooled cut it through shorter side(you need 2 layers).
- 9. Melt the chocolate and water.
- 10. On the lower layer, spread a generous amount of jam, then put the other layer and spread the jam all over it (and the sides too).
- 11. Pour the chocolate icing and leave in the fridge to cool.