Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 500 g basmati rice or 500 g long-grain rice
- 1 kg herbs (parsley, dill, coriander, fenugreek, spring onion ends)
- cooking oil
- black pepper
- Wash herbs and chop finely, then add salt and black pepper.
- Prepare rice as described in the recipe for polow but after rice is half-cooked and rinsed, mix it with herbs and continue cooking.
- Sabzi polow is usually served with fish.
Really good. I used Indian white basmati rice, parsley, cilantro, fresh fenugreek leaves from the garden, spring onion ends but no fresh dill on hand (another time), canola oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. I did cheat the recipe by making it how I usually do so it would be faster, ie not a lot of water and then steaming after. This was served with recipe#298652 (a perfect accompaniment), recipe#452701, & recipe#339985. I will probably make this again the same way but with fresh dill as well if I have it. Made for Visiting Iran(Persia) in June 2012!
My DH won't eat fish without sabzi polow. Great recipe.