Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Time-Life Foods of the World.
Make and share this Sabzi Bhendi (Sauteed Okra With Cumin) recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and halve the onion lengthwise, then slice lengthwise into paper-thin slivers.
- Heat ghee or butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and salt.
- Cook, stirring, until golden-brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add okra, cumin and pepper.
- Cook, lifting and turning vegetables, until okra is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 25 minutes.
- If frozen okra is used, it will be a bit sticky.
i loved this to be fair ,i didnt use that much cumin even though i made this for one . i just did it for my taste zaar world tour 8 simple