Sabut Masoor(Whole Red Lentils)
- Wash dal well .Place the dal, water, salt and turmeric in the pressure cooker and cook under pressure for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the pressure cooker to cool down before opening. Open the lid and check water. If too thick, add a little boiling water until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- Now simmer briskly until soft but not mushy. You may need to add more water through the cooking process, if the dal begins to look too thick and dry. Dals, when ready, should be soft but not mashed.
- heat the oil add garlic to the hot oil, fry until it begins to turn golden brown.
- mix into dal.and serve it.