Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an Indian dessert made with Tapioca I am posting for a request. Its from "A taste of Palace Life Royal Indian Cookery" by Manju Shivraj Singh foward by Her Highness the Raj Mata of Jaipur.
- Wash the raisins, put them in a small bowl and cover with water.
- Leave to soak.
- Put the tapioca in a sieve and wash it under cold running water.
- Put it into the sauce pan with the milk and water and cook on a medium heat until it is soft.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Crush the cardamoms and add to the pan with the saffron and the drained raisins.
- Stir to mix, then simmer until the mixture is the consistency of oatmeal.
- Turn it into a serving bowl.
- Slice the almonds and sprinkle them over the top.
- Serve warm.