Top Review by Jaya-Jaya
Really GOOD! I am a vegetarian, and so had no idea when I had to entertain fish fanatics. I didn't want to do the usual oven baked fish....boring. So I found this and, OMG! I was asked for the recipe, which I didn't give,( hahaha), and I had none left at the end of the night. Being an Aussie and preferring my sharks swimming around in the water, I used sword fish instead. A BIG BIG HIT! THANK YOU, Mrs Ayon!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 -5 chipotle chiles, drained from can
- 1 large chayote, cut lengthwise
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 lb shark, chunks
- 1 lb salmon, chunks
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 -3 tablespoons shrimp, bouillon
- 5 -6 lemons, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot sauté in oil: Tomato, onion, cilantro and chipotle chile.
- Add water to cover 1/2 of stockpot.
- Boil and bring to a simmer making sure to keep enough water going for a soup consistency.
- Add chayote, garbanzos and carrots.
- When vegetables are semi-tender add, shark and salmon, simmer until fully cooked.
- Add shrimp for 3-4 minutes.
- Add shrimp bouillon.
- Serve ladle into large soup bowl and add lemon to taste.
- Can be serve with tostadas or corn tortillas.