Recipe by sabrina hartzell
This recipe is relatively easy because it requires very little cooking and no baking. It has always been a hit whenever I make it!
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix (not instant, the type you cook)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- dark rum
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups fruit (strawberries, fresh peach or mango when in season)
- raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vanilla pudding and heavy whipping cream in saucepan.
- Cook until pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Add dark rum to taste.
- Allow pudding mixture to cool.
- Combine whipping cream and sugar.
- Beat with mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold half of whipping cream into pudding mixture.
- Slice angel food cake into 3 layers.
- Coat inside of trifle bowl with raspberry preserves.
- Place bottom layer of angel food cake in trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with dark rum.
- Spread half of pudding mixture over cake.
- Place half of the fruit on pudding.
- Repeat with second layer of cake, pudding, rum and fruit.
- Top with last layer of cake.
- Using remaining whipped cream, pipe onto top of trifle with decorator's tip.