1/1 Photo of Sables (Norman Sugar Cookies)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
A classic sugar cookie found throughout Normandy, sometimes called a galette or petit beurre. Serve with fruit desserts.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour and the sugar into a large bowl and add the butter, bit by but, mixing with an electric mixer or by hand.
- 2Continue mixing until the dough takes on a sandy consistency.
- 3Add four of the egg yolks, one by one, the salt and the vanilla, continuing to mix.
- 4Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 5Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4".
- 7With a cookie or biscuit cutter (or a small glass) cut out two inch circles and place on a lightly buttered cookie sheet.
- 8Mix the remaining egg yolk with the milk and, with a pastry brush, coat the top of each cookie.
- 9With the tip of a small knife, score 6 or 7 stripes on each cookie.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Remove from oven, cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sables (Norman Sugar Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g