This recipe comes from the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave directions: Sprinkle sablefish with salt and pepper.
- 2Combine onion, chilies, oil, tomato, parsley, lime juice, oregano and sugar.
- 3Arrange green pepper rings on steaks in microwave proof baking dish.
- 4Pour tomato mixture over fish; cover with plastic wrap.
- 5Microwave at medium 5 minutes.
- 6Rotate dish 1/4 turn; microwave at medium 5 to 6 minutes longer or until sablefish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 7Oven directions: Sprinkle sablefish with salt and pepper.
- 8Sauté onion and chilies in oil.
- 9Add tomato, parsley, lime juice, oregano and sugar.
- 10Arrange green pepper rings on steaks in baking dish.
- 11Pour tomato mixture over fish.
- 12Bake at 450ºF allowing 10 minutes cooking time per inch of thickness measured at its thickest part or until sablefish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 13Serve on rice; garnish with lime wedges.
- 14Recipe can be halved or doubled.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sablefish Spanish-style
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.2
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: