Simon G's Note:
This is a very versatile pastry, great for tarts. (Note: Makes 1.5 kg, this pastry can be frozen)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electric mixer with a paddle, mix the dry ingredients and add the butter in pieces, then slowly add the egg yolks. When the pastry comes together, remove from the bowl.
- 2Divide the pastry into workable amounts. Cover with plastic wrap and chill to a workable temperature. (Note: This pastry can be frozen).
- 3Below: Example using 650 grams of dough.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F).
- 5Roll the pastry out to 5mm thickness and butter a 20cm x 5cm (8in x 2in) flat tin. Line the tin with the pastry and then line the pastry with aluminium foil. Fill with pastry weights or beans and bake blind for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in colour. Allow to cool.
- 6Pour your mix into the cooled pastry case, leaving a bit of room at the top and cook tart according to the recipe.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sable Pastry Case
Serving Size: 1 (1588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5052.9
- Calories from Fat 2601
- Total Fat 289.0 g
- Saturated Fat 176.9 g
- Cholesterol 1346.0 mg
- Sodium 176.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 555.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 165.0 g
- Protein 63.4 g