Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a frothy sauce served over steamed puddings, or you can chill it and serve with light dessert cookies or whatever you wish. It cannot stand for any amount of time because it will collapse. I love this,I have put it on cheesecake, cake, pie, etc.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sweet white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, finely grated
- Whisk the egg, yolks and sugar until they are pale and thick.
- Stand the bowl over a saucepan of hot-not boiling-water. Add the wine and lemon juice, a little at a timre, whisk vigorously.
- Continue whisking until the mixture is thick enough to leave a trail. Whisk in the lemon rind. If servinf hot, serve immediately over pudding or fruit salad.
- To serve cold, place over a bowl of ice water and whisk until chilled. Pour into small glasses and serve immediately.