Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a wonderfully easy recipe. With the yogurt and garam masala, the dish has a nice spice, but is not spicy-hot. I used 1 cup of fat-free plain yogurt. I highly recommend it for an easy weeknight meal. Serve it with rice.
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 lb spinach
- 1⁄2-1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tofu with 1 T of the vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons of the garam masala, and 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt (or about 1 tspn of table salt). Mix carefully.
- Put tofu in a single layer of a 12-inch skillet and cook until it is browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Put garlic and onion in pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and ginger and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach in several bunches and stir frequently. Cook until spinach is very wilted and liquid is cooked off, about 7 minutes. Stir in reserved tofu and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir together remaining garam masala, remaining salt, and yogurt and add to spinach mixture. Stir until well mixed.