- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- 1 lb frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 ounces paneer cheese
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the onion, garlic, and ginger into a fine paste.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the paste, spinach, yogurt, buttermilk, chili powder, and garam masala.
- Simmer at medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mash the ingredients with a potato masher.
- Add the half and half. Simmer until the mixture has a creamy consistency, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese, simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt.