Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Found on the website www.sallymyslowcooker.blogspot.co.nz. Posting for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 500 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 750 g lamb shoulder, cubed and boneless
- 1 (400 g) tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, as required
- 3 fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil cooker. Heat some oil in frying pan and fry meat then add onion garlic ginger cook stirring for 5 mins till onion is soft.
- Stir in cardamom, cloves, cumin and cook for 1 min then place in cooker.
- Gently squeeze the spinach to remove water and add to cooker with tomatoes and their juice as well as coriander turmeric and chilli powder to taste. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and stir to combine.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- About an hour before serving add the garam masala and salt to taste.
- Serve with bread or plain rice.
- Recipe says it serves 4 - 6.