Betty K. Rocker's Note:
This is the way cheese enchiladas should taste! Not too spicy, with a savory meat sauce on top. We top ours with sour cream and cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups grated American cheese
- 2 cups of grated queso blanco
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup cheese, for topping
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup water
enchilada sauce ingredients
- 1Prepare Sauce.
- 2Heat oil in a 3-quart pot.
- 3Add flour and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook roux, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Gradually add the water, stirring until smooth. Add the tomato sauce. Boil gently for 15 minutes.
- 6Prepare Chili.
- 7While the sauce is simmering brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
- 8Add the garlic, cumin, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- 9Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Add the chili powder and 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- 11Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 12Spray each tortilla with non-stick spray on one side and microwave all 8 tortillas in a stack for 45 seconds or until softened.
- 13Fill each tortilla with cheese blend and roll up. Place them seam side down in a baking dish and cover with Enchilada Sauce, Chili and Cheese.
- 14Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sa Style Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.3
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 812.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: