Recipe by NavyDoc13
Sa Cha is also known as the Chinese BBQ sauce. It is sold in Asian groceries with the condiments packaged in jars or cans. The tofu takes on an Asian complexity of flavors with the addition of this sauce. It'll make a tofu-lover out of you yet! Note: Sa Cha or Shacha sauce is made with fish and shrimp: not suitable for vegetarians or those with shell-fish allergies
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce (sa cha)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chinese rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu or 1 (14 ounce) packageregular tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the sa cha sauce with soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, and water. Cover the wok and steam until vegetables are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tofu and sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the tofu is heated through.
- Serve with jasmine or plain white rice.