This recipe is dedicated to Andi of Longmeadow Farm (Chef #428885) and her beloved cows (see that backwards is SWOC). A friend made these for a fun afternoon treat and I fell in love. When I asked what they were called she said Cow Pie Cookies. I immediately thought of Andi and her love of all things SWOC. So I'm posting this since I could not find a recipe just like it and especially in honor of sweet Andi. The amount of cookies is a complete guess at this point.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening together.
- Stir until smooth then remove from heat.
- Stir in raisins and almonds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper lined sheets.
- Chill until ready to serve.