Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Also known as Triple Berry and Rhubarb Custard Pie. A family favorite during berry and rhubarb season. Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry and Rhubarb Custard Pie with crumble topping. I normally make my own pie crust using the Original Crisco pie crust recipe. This recipe make two pies.
- 2 pie crusts (1 per pie)
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb, about 1/2 inch (thawed from frozen is best)
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries (1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 eggs (5 yolks, 4 whites beaten, 1 white to seal pie crust)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll and place pie crust in pan. Repair any splits in crusts. Paint with egg white. Bake for ~10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine fruits and rhubarb in large bowl. Add flour, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Fold gently to coat. Add beaten egg mixture and continue to fold. Add fruit mixture to pie crust(s). Set aside.
- In small bowl combine flour, rolled oats and brown sugar and mix together. Add butter and cut-in. Drizzle oil over mix and fold to combine. Spoon onto pie filling.
- Bake in preheated 425F over for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and continue baking for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and crust is browned. Cool on wire rack.