Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my sister's "fancy" take on dried beef gravy. This can be served over toast points, poured into tiny pastry shells or over good old homemade biscuits. Looks nice on the buffet table.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) packages chipped beef
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (optional)
- Saute mushrooms in 4 Tbls. butter. Remove mushrooms from pan and add remaining 4 Tbls. butter and flour to pan to make a roux, stirring quickly.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT chipped beef and stir mixture with whisk. When thickened, add chipped beef, mushrooms and sherry.
- Put in chafing dish and serve.