Recipe by Sharon123
The hot chocolate is perfectly creamy and sweet. The graham cracker crumbs meet the lips with a sweet surprise at every sip. And the toasty marshmallows absolutely MAKE it. If you prefer mix hot chocolates, simply skip the hot cocoa part and add your favorite mix to the mug. The graham cracker rim and toasty marshmallows are what really sets this recipe apart. Hope you love it! I changed the recipe just a bit to use dark chocolate. Your choose.
Top Review by momaphet
I was torn with this one - the hot chocolate was tasty with the graham cracker crumbs and the marshmallows but I found but not so much more than regular hot chocolate to have to deal with the mess and the difficulty of trying to get the marshmallow and crumbs to stick. Also after broiling the handle wasn't too hot but the lip of the mug beneath the crumbs was, to the point I wouldn't serve this to a child. I might try this with marshmallow cream and see if it works any easier. Made for PRMRT
- 3 cups milk, any kind
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder (I like dark chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate syrup (or light)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon non-bitter stevia (or add 1-2 Tbsp more sugar to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- graham cracker, crushed (for lining rim)
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to low broil and move oven rack to the second from the top (high enough up to broil your marshmallows). Place baking sheet on rack.
- Heat milk and water in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through – about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overheat or scald.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, sugar, stevia and salt and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Meanwhile, take a few marshmallows and rub them around the top of your mugs so the graham crackers will stick. Then, dip mug in graham cracker crumbs until well lined. You could also add some graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of your mug for extra graham flavor.
- Pour in hot chocolate and top with 1/4 cup marshmallows each. Carefully set mugs on the baking sheet in the oven and broil marshmallows until browned, watching carefully as to not let them burn.
- Carefully remove from the oven with a towel and serve with holders or a small towel to protect hand from heat (they should cool quickly for handling). Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and extra graham cracker crumbs for serving (optional).
- Adjust flavors before serving, adding more chocolate or sugar if you prefer.