Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've never seen a dessert disappear so quickly! This was a little pick-me-up for my restaurant coworkers that was simply devoured...but that's okay, smiles all around after a busy shift :) DO NOT substitute margarine for the butter. TAKE THE TIME to brown the butter...it really enhances the flavor of the treats!!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 5 graham crackers, broken into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2” pan AND a sheet of wax paper.
- 2. Rub sides of a very large, light colored stainless steel saucepan or Dutch oven with butter to prevent sticking.
- 3. Set over medium heat and melt the butter until it just starts to brown. This will happen at a different rate of speed depending on your stove. If it starts browning too quickly, remove from heat, swirl the pan, and put the butter back on at a very much reduced heat. Be careful not to burn it.
- 4. Stir in ONLY 4 CUPS of mini marshmallows and reduce heat to low. Stir marshmallows until they begin melting.
- 5. When melted, add the salt and vanilla; then remove from heat and quickly stir in cereal and broken graham squares until coated.
- 6. Quickly stir in remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows and milk chocolate chips until combined.
- 7. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press down with prepared sheet of wax paper.
- 8. Let the treats cool completely, then cut into squares. It may be easier to remove to a cutting board to do this.