Recipe by Brian Holley
S/D. = side dish. O.K. Here is an interesting and very easy way to use those broccoli stalks that often get thrown away. I hate waste as food costs so much. This is a super curry, cooks in a few minutes, when I am on my own I eat it without rice. Serve this as a side dish with a meat curry.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces broccoli stems, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till just coloured.
- Add the spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and water bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Simple wasn't it.