1/4 Photos of Ryzogalo or Greek Rice Pudding
Sydney Mike's Note:
The Greek name for this recipe is pronounced 'ree-ZOH-ghah-loh" & it makes for a very sweet, creamy kind of pudding, with emphasis on the cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine rice & water. Bring to boil, then turn heat down to low & cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently with wooden spoon.
- 2Warm milk & stir into rice along with half the sugar [NOTE: If your preference is for a less-sweet pudding, consider reducing the 3/4 cup to 2/3 cup, then use HALF OF THAT at this time]. Cover & continue to cook over very low heat for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- 3Dissolve cornstarch in as little cold water as possible (about 2 tablespoons, but make sure it is FULLY dissolved) & add to rice.
- 4Continue to stir briskly, simmering for a full 5 minutes, then remove from heat, & set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 5Whisk egg yolks with the last half of the sugar, then add to rice mixture, stirring with wooden spoon until very well blended (to thicken & to prevent yolks from cooking separately).
- 6Set aside to cool in the saucepan or in individual serving dishes.
- 7Serve at room temperature, sprinkled with cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ryzogalo or Greek Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 74.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 45.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g