Recipe by polly salama
this is an easy dish for breakfast or dinner. my daughter, Ryen, loves this and asks for it often. it really takes no time at all and is very good and filling.
For the gravy
- 12 ounces Jimmy Dean sausage (breakfast kind)
- 2 -3 cups milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
For the biscuits
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For the gravy---------------.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat,brown the sausage.
- Add enough milk to completely cover the sausage.
- Reserve some of the milk.
- With the reserved milk whisk in the flour and add to the skillet, stirring constantly bring to a boil.
- The sauce will thicken. If the sauce has not thickened to your liking, simply add more of the flour milk mixture and remember to stir continuously.
- Salt and pepper to your tastes.
- I also add paprika (just a dash).
- For the bisquick biscuits---------------.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the milk and Bisquick in a large bowl.
- Stir until just mixed.
- On a cookie sheet with foil or cooking spray drop enough dough for a biscuit.
- Continue until your dough is gone.
- Put in oven and bake until very lightly browned.
- Watch these carefully as they burn easily!
- Serve with the gravy over the biscuits.