Recipe by Red Apple Guy
Rye slices with swiss and corned beef spread. A touch of mustard mimics one of my favorite sandwiches. Perfect for a party or pot luck.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rye bread (baguettes, party, or loaf sliced)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (shredded or grated)
- 2 ounces corned beef (diced or in strips)
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared mustard (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice bread into 20 pieces. If using a 1.5 loaf, slice into 3/4" to 1" slices and cut those in half.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture onto each piece of bread and place on a baking sheet either oiled or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned in spots. Broiling is good, also, but be careful not to burn or over brown.
- Cool and serve.