1/3 Photos of Rye W/Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans (A-B-M Dough Cycle)
3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Best mixed in the ABM on the dough cycle only, and baked in your oven. Dried cranberries and toasted pecans in rye bread -- lightly flavored with ground cinnamon and orange oil, or leave them out if you prefer! -- The bread smelled heavenly while baking in my oven! Delicious toasted with cream cheese -- makes great french toast, or equally good for turkey sandwiches! ---- Note: My bread machine does not have an "add beep" so I rough grind the pecans and cranberries in a mini-chopper, so all ingredients can be added to the bread machine all at once!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml water
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml orange oil (optional ~ or substitute 1 tablespoon orange zest)
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml soft butter
- 473.18 ml bread flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml rye flour
- 44.37 ml powdered milk
- 36.97 ml vital wheat gluten
- 22.18 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 236.59 ml pecan pieces (TOASTED in a hot dry iron skillet, then chopped very fine)
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries (chopped very fine)
- 2.46-4.92 ml ground cinnamon (optional)
- 14.78 ml bread machine yeast
- 7.39 ml salt
- 29.58 ml melted butter (brush on baked bread crust while hot)
- 1Put the first five (5) ingredients into bread machine pan.
- 2Mix the next nine (9) ingredients together in a large bowl. NOTE: I rough grind the pecans and cranberries in a mini-chopper because my bread machine does not have an "add beep" ~.
- 3Spoon combined dry ingredients, onto top of water, into bread machine pan.
- 4Place bread machine yeast on top of dry ingredients, in one corner of bread machine .
- 5Place salt in opposite corner of bread machine, on top of dry ingredients.
- 6Select DOUGH CYCLE if baking in your oven ~ or select whole wheat cycle and light crust, if baking in the machine. NOTE: THIS IS A MADE-UP RECIPE, AND I HAVE NOT BAKED THIS RECIPE IN THE MACHINE! For best results, bake in your oven!
- 7Check dough after machine has mixed for about 8-10 minutes to see if the dough looks too wet or too dry ~ add water or flour by teaspoons until the dough is the right consistency. NOTE: rye dough needs to be wetter than other doughs!
- 8For baking in the oven: Dump out dough onto a mat/surface sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten the dough into about a 16" x 12" rectangle ~ fold dough to fit pan length, pinching seams together, and roll tightly into loaf shape ~ spray Pyrex with cooking spray ~ fit dough into pan and slash dough 3-4 times. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let shaped dough rise again till about 1 1/2" above top of pan ~ May take an hour or more to rise ~ PLEASE ALLOW ADEQUATE TIME TO RISE PROPERLY OR YOUR BREAD WILL BE DENSE!
- 9Preheat oven to 350F for Pyrex ~ 375F for metal.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes ~ tent loaf with foil and bake an additional 20-25 minutes. For a soft crust, brush hot loaf surface all over with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye W/Dried Cranberries and Toasted Pecans (A-B-M Dough Cycle)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten