1/2 Photos of Rye Swirl Bread
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
I'm not a huge fan of strong-flavored rye bread, but this rye-white combination makes a delightful, beautiful loaf. I found this on a package of Fleischmann's yeast. Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups white flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 2Heat water, milk and butter till very warm.
- 3Add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- 5Remove half of the batter to a separate bowl.
- 6Into one bowl, stir enough white flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Into the second bowl, stir molasses and enough rye flour to make a soft dough.
- 8Separately knead each dough till smooth, about 5 minutes.
- 9Cover each dough, let rest 10-20 minutes.
- 10Divide each dough in half; roll each into a 7 x 14 inch rectangle.
- 11Place one dark rectangle on top of each white rectangle.
- 12Roll up tightly, jelly-roll fasion; pinch seams to seal.
- 13Place loaves, seam side down, in two greased loaf pans (I used my baking stone).
- 14Cover, let rise 60 minutes (less if using rapid rise yeast).
- 15Bake at 375 for 25-35 minutes or till done.
- 16Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Swirl Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1878.5
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 1910.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 369.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.8 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 50.9 g