- 1 cup rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the two flours with the baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and shortening until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Heat a skillet or large frying pan to medium-high heat. Spray with a generous coating of cooking spray.
- Dollop batter in 1/3 cup portions to make pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on uncooked side and edges start to look dry. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.