Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Enjoy with butter and maple syrup. The rye flour gives these pancakes a great unique flavor.
Make and share this Rye Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the two flours with the baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and shortening until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Heat a skillet or large frying pan to medium-high heat. Spray with a generous coating of cooking spray.
- Dollop batter in 1/3 cup portions to make pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on uncooked side and edges start to look dry. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.