Enjoy with butter and maple syrup. The rye flour gives these pancakes a great unique flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, sift together the two flours with the baking powder and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, stir together milk, egg and shortening until well combined.
- 3Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- 4Heat a skillet or large frying pan to medium-high heat. Spray with a generous coating of cooking spray.
- 5Dollop batter in 1/3 cup portions to make pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on uncooked side and edges start to look dry. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g