1/3 Photos of Rye Onion Bread
This crusty bread is full of rye flavor and a slight onion flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup rye flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fast rising yeast (Bread machine yeast)
Added in at the Fruit and nut cycle
- 1Place ingredients except seeds and onion flakes in bread machine according to the instructions of your machine. Mine calls for wet ingredients first so I listed them in order to be placed into the machine. Be sure to place the salt and yeast in separate corners.
- 2Set machine on the dough cycle. Place seeds and onion flakes in when machine beeps during the end of kneading.
- 3Lightly oil large baking pan.
- 4When dough cycle is finished remove dough to a floured work surface. Divide into two. Roll out into a 1 inch disk. Fold one side in to center pressing with rolling pin, then the other half fold to center pressing inches Then fold at center line pressing seams to seal. Roll the loaf forward and back to form a 12 inch loaf. Repeat with the other 1/2 of the dough.
- 5Place both on the pan leaving room for them to raise. Cover with oiled plastic wrap. Place in a warm draft free place for 45 minutes.
- 6Remove wrap dust with flour and score the loafs Leave to stand for ten minutes while you preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8It will sound hallow when you tap on the bottom which will be dark.
- 9Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Onion Bread
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 133.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g