Kelly Vaughn's Note:
This is a good example of whole grain baking that actually tastes good. These are also quite tasty while still warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend the honey, oil, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- 2Add the rye flour and rolled oats.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Then fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 5Pour the dough into a greased 12x8x2-inch pan.
- 6Sprinkle the top of it with sesame seeds.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 8Cut into 1x4" bars.
- 9Remove the bars while still warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye-Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g