Love the smell of bread baking on a cold winters day! Crisp bean sprouts enhance the texture of this wheat-free (but not gluten-free) yeast-free bread- a tasty option for those on special diets!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Generously grease 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 3Separate eggs, placing whites in small bowl and yolks in large bowl.
- 4With electric mixer on high speed, beat whites until soft peaks form; add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 5Set aside.
- 6With same beaters on low speed, gradually beat milk and oil into yolks.
- 7Add rye flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; beat just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 8Fold in sprouts and beaten egg whites.
- 9Spoon batter into greased pan.
- 10Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until well browned and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on top.
- 11Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack at least 20 minutes before serving.
- 12Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye, Corn, and Sprouts Bread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 297.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g