Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheesy German Garlic Bread
- 6 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (good quality or sub fresh)
- 6 dill pickles, sliced lengthwise into 4 slices
- Preheat broiler. Toast bread lightly then place on baking sheet. Lightly butter Toast and sprinkle evenly with cheese, garlic powder and sweet paprika.
- Broil until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool one minute and serve with pickles.
I was so hungry when I came home from town and this cooked up quickly so I could pop it into my tummy! Thanks for the treat! Made by a fellow Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6!
Tired of the same old peas and porridge? Ya need to try Rye Cheese Toast With Garlic. Made for ZWT #6.