1/2 Photos of Rye Breadsticks With Caraway Seed
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
A lovely Scandinavian recipe full of robust flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/4 cup water in a bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add remaining 1 cup water, sugar, salt, caraway seed, butter, rye flour, and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 2Punch the dough down; divide in half. Cut each half into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope about 6 inches long. Place on greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- 3Brush lightly with melted butter; sprinkle with caraway seed.
- 4Bake at 400*F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- 5Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Breadsticks With Caraway Seed
Serving Size: 1 (817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g