1 hr 15 mins
From William Davis, MD’s book, Wheat Belly Cookbook. He says, “This recipe makes an incredible loaf of bread, rich with the unique flavor of caraway seeds. Use it as you would any other rye bread – for a ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, corned beef sandwich, or rye toast spread with butter. If you’re in the mood for the hearty richness of a pumpernickel rye, add 2 ½ teaspoons instant coffee granules and 2 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder to the dry ingredients.” Per slice: 233 calories, 11 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 19 g total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 4 g fiber, 412 mg sodium.
My Private Note
1/2" th ...
Units: US | Metric
- 591.47 ml almond meal or 591.47 ml almond flour
- 118.29 ml garbanzo flour (chickpea flour)
- 118.29 ml golden flax seed, ground
- 14.79 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml fine sea salt
- 14.79 ml caraway seed, finely ground (using a spice grinder or coffee mill)
- 14.79 ml whole caraway seed, divided
- 10 eggs, separated
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml Xylitol sweetener (or to desired sweetness) or 0.26 ml liquid stevia (or to desired sweetness)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan by greasing.
- 3Using a food processor, combine the almond meal/flour, garbanzo bean flour, flaxseeds, baking soda, salt, and ground caraway seeds. Pulse on low speed until well blended. Add 2 teaspoons of the whole caraway seeds, the egg yolks, butter, buttermilk, and xylitol or stevia and pulse just until blended.
- 4Add the egg whites to a large mixing bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Pour into the flour mixture and pulse until the egg whites are evenly distributed, avoiding running the machine at a constant speed. Spread into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon caraway seeds. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Bread (Wheat Free)
Serving Size: 1 (1028 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 466.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: