Recipe by Dee in WI
This is an easy comfort treat. You can make a batch of the topping and save it in the refrigerator, and make as many breads as you'd like. I thought the combination of ingredients seemed a bit weird, but they were wonderful once I tried them!
- 1 rye cocktail bread
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups black olives, then chop them
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Not Miracle Whip!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except rye bread) together.
- Place desired number of rye bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Spread mixture (~1 tablespoon) onto each rye bread slice- you can use more topping if you wish.
- Place under preheated broiler for~3-5 minutes, or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Careful, they're hot!