Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very filling. Great if you are on a diet. You can make a meaL OUT OF IT BY ADDING SMOKED HAM OR FRANKFURTERS.
- 1 lb of cubed stale rye bread
- 6 cups water or 6 cups soup stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Simmer bread in water or soup stock.
- for 20 0r 30 minutes,.
- or until it is soft enough to put through a blender.
- Add salt,butter,and caraway seed.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend in sour cream and egg yolk.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add smoke ham or frankfurters if you want.
Fantastic if you like rye bread!! I especially love the sour variety, like the rest of the scandinavians, and this soup really hit the spot. A welcome, new recipe idea.