Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very filling. Great if you are on a diet. You can make a meaL OUT OF IT BY ADDING SMOKED HAM OR FRANKFURTERS.
- Simmer bread in water or soup stock.
- for 20 0r 30 minutes,.
- or until it is soft enough to put through a blender.
- Add salt,butter,and caraway seed.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend in sour cream and egg yolk.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add smoke ham or frankfurters if you want.
Fantastic if you like rye bread!! I especially love the sour variety, like the rest of the scandinavians, and this soup really hit the spot. A welcome, new recipe idea.