1 hr 5 mins
Andrew Mollmann's Note:
My mother and I haven't had a good rye bread in years. Then I found this: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/02/gluten-free-rye-bread-recipe-seriously.html and tried it. Pretty good on the day I made it, but it dried out horribly the next day. I guess it needs a little work. A reviewer (Mia in Germany) has suggested some changes to prevent the bread from drying out. These are reflected below. Thanks Mia!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/8 cups warm water (temperature should be 110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Whisk or sift dry ingredients together.
- 2Proof yeast with sugar in warm water. Once nice and foamy, slowly pour into dry ingredients.
- 3Add wet ingredients, mix well.
- 4Transfer to 8" loaf pan and allow to rise in a warm location for 20-30 minutes.
- 5Bake in oven preheated to 350F for 35-45 minutes, until internal temperature is about 200°F.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rye Bread (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: