Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe years ago in a Hidden Valley Ad and it is always a hit at parties. The blue cheese adds a nice bite in taste. I can't get the dry blue cheese anymore so I use regular dressing. This is good for those of us who have to watch the waist line at parties. Prep time does not include setting over night.
- 1 pint low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 pint nonfat sour cream or 1 pint low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons dry onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 package hidden valley blue cheese dressing mix (if you can find it) or 1 bottle fat free blue cheese dressing
- 1 jar 98% fat free dried beef (you can find it by the tuna fish in the store)
- 1 round loaf dark rye bread
- 1 loaf sliced rye cocktail bread (the other bread will be gone before the dip)
- chop the dried beef slices into 1/4 inch squares.
- mix all the ingredients together.
- chill over night.
- cut out the center of the round loaf, tearing center into pieces large enough for good dipping, place around the base of loaf.
- pour the dip into the bread bowl.
- place sliced rye around with broken up rye.
This has a different taste then the regulaar rye/bread dip. I liked it alot. The reviews from the campground weekend were all positive and several asked for the recipe. I am printing them up to take next weekend if that is okay with you. The dried meat added a nice texture and the flavors blended well. My DS even liked it and he is a definite dip man! I like that it can be made low fat and taste full of fat. :)