Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great snack for parties. Just can't seem to put it down.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb dried beef (finely chipped)
- 6 -8 ounces mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 large round rye bread or 1 large pumpernickel bread
- dill (optional)
- Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise and dried beef in a bowl. I usually use 8 and 8, but some prefer less mayonnaise than sour cream.
- Cut out the bread loaf, creating a bowl.
- cut up the rest of the bread in chunks, 1 inch cubes, maybe a little bigger/smaller depending on preference.
- Add dill if desired.
- Empty the mix into the bread bowl, placing the bread chunks around the outside.