Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
I was looking to make a really good cake for a potluck at work & also fixed for Thanksgiving. After the many recipes I have read I came up with my own version. This is the first cake I ever made and it turned out fantastic and very moist. I hope you enjoy making this and eating it as much as I did :-)
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix (Winn-Dixie)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (Winn-Dixie)
- 4 eggs (regular eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (Winn-Dixie)
- 1⁄2 cup rum (your choice what brand)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (Winn-Dixie)
- 1 (28 ounce) bag pecans (Winn-Dixie)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling (Winn-Dixie)
- 16 ounces french vanilla cool whip (1 large tub had too use regular Winn-Dixie didn't have Vanilla)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (Winn-Dixie)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces coconut cream pudding mix (Winn-Dixie)
- 1 1⁄3 cups ronrigo pineapple coconut rum (your choice what brand & might want less if you do not want a strong rum taste)
- In a large bowl mix, pecan cake mix, box of vanilla pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup veg oil, 1 stick butter, 1 can pumpkin filling 1/2 cup rum.
- Once mixed preheat oven to 325°F.
- Take bunt cake pan spray with butter, put wax paper on the bottom, once paper is settled put enough pecans on top to cover the paper.
- Once covered pour stuff you mixed into the pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 55-65 minutes. Use the toothpick test to check it make sure its solid.
- Mix all 4 items for the topping in a bowl and put back into fridge with plastic wrap covering it.
- **The topping is best used not on the cake but on the side.**.