Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This easy to make pasta dish is my favorite. Mom serves it with warm Italian bread and a side salad. There are always leftovers to enjoy as well!
- Begin heating water to cook ravioli.
- Heat butter in medium skillet; add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir until mixture is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. If you are using whole tomatoes, break them up with the side of a spoon while cooking.
- Boil the cream in a medium saucepan, stirring and adjusting heat to prevent boiling over, until reduced by half.
- Add ravioli to boiling water and cook according to package.
- Add cream to the tomato sauce. Stir in shrimp and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Drain ravioli and place in large serving bowl. Pour tomato-cream sauce over the top and serve.
Made this tonight and it was divine! Easy, uses everyday ingredients and fairly fast to make. I didn't know how long it would take to reduce the cream, and it did take more than 15 minutes, but maybe because I had doubled the recipe, so mine came out a little thinner but tasty just the same. I did add salt to taste at the end. Thanks for posting an awesome recipe!
RyGuy, this recipe is excellent! I doubled it so we could have extra for lunch tomorrow. I used 2- 20 ounce packages of Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli, and used crushed tomatoes. There was still a good amount of sauce left in the pan if anyone wanted a little extra. That will come in handy when reheating tomorrow. Thank You for a great dinner idea!