This easy to make pasta dish is my favorite. Mom serves it with warm Italian bread and a side salad. There are always leftovers to enjoy as well!
- Begin heating water to cook ravioli.
- Heat butter in medium skillet; add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir until mixture is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. If you are using whole tomatoes, break them up with the side of a spoon while cooking.
- Boil the cream in a medium saucepan, stirring and adjusting heat to prevent boiling over, until reduced by half.
- Add ravioli to boiling water and cook according to package.
- Add cream to the tomato sauce. Stir in shrimp and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Drain ravioli and place in large serving bowl. Pour tomato-cream sauce over the top and serve.