1/1 Photo of Ruzz Bi I Mukassarat - Egyptian Rice With Nuts
Mia in Germany's Note:
According to the site I got this from, this rice mostly accompanies duck and is reserved for holidays because of the expensive nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop onion.
- 2In the pot where you are going to boil the rice, melt 1 tablespoon butter and fry onions until light brown.
- 3Add rice, fry, stirring, until slightly glassy.
- 4Add stock, salt to taste (if necessary).
- 5Bring to a boil, cover pot and let simmer at low temperature for 20 minutes.
- 6Turn off heat and let the rice stand for 10 more minutes, still covered.
- 7Meanwhile melt the other tablespoon butter in a skillet, add raisins and fry, stirring, until soft (about 2 minutes).
- 8Add nuts and sugar to the raisins, mix well and pour into a bowl that is big enough for the rice.
- 9Fill cooked rice on top of nut-raisin mix, press down and then turn over onto plate.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruzz Bi I Mukassarat - Egyptian Rice With Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 211.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g