According to the site I got this from, this rice mostly accompanies duck and is reserved for holidays because of the expensive nuts.
- Finely chop onion.
- In the pot where you are going to boil the rice, melt 1 tablespoon butter and fry onions until light brown.
- Add rice, fry, stirring, until slightly glassy.
- Add stock, salt to taste (if necessary).
- Bring to a boil, cover pot and let simmer at low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let the rice stand for 10 more minutes, still covered.
- Meanwhile melt the other tablespoon butter in a skillet, add raisins and fry, stirring, until soft (about 2 minutes).
- Add nuts and sugar to the raisins, mix well and pour into a bowl that is big enough for the rice.
- Fill cooked rice on top of nut-raisin mix, press down and then turn over onto plate.
Mia, this is not only simple and delicious, but such a fab presentation, I showed the photo to my friend who was, like, WOW ( and its a very ordinary photo ;) ) I would do this for guests on any occasion, makes rice something really special. I made this just for us and we so enjoyed it, and of course, I had lots, the extra is in the fridge and I could of course freeze it , or, I'll use it, maybe for fried rice -- I dont generally like raisins but I did really enjoy this whole concept. Thank you Mia, a very WOW recipe!!! :) Made for Consideration tag game.