1/2 Photos of Ruth's White Chicken Chili
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My mom gave me this recipe that she "adopted" and then adjusted. I've named it after her since she did all the taste testing until it was just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (or you can soak 1 pound of dried beans)
- 6 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked & shredded or finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or 2/3 tsp ground white pepper)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter and saute the garlic, onion and chilies for 5 minutes.
- 2Place beans in a large stockpot and add chicken stock then bring to a boil.
- 3Add the sauteed onion mixture to the beans.
- 4Add the chicken and spices to the beans and cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruth's White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth