Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A deliciously moist stuffing. This is a simple recipe given to me by my mother-in-law. It is my favorite stuffing recipe (I like my stuffing very moist).
- 12 slices white bread (sliced into cubes or torn into small pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- chicken broth or water
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder, to taste
- Fry onions and celery in olive oil and add to bread in a large bowl.
- Moisten with chicken broth or water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add remainder of ingredients and mix well.
- Stuff into the turkey and enjoy!
Made for PAC Spring 08 This is very similar to my own stuffing,the whole family enjoyed it. I used fresh mushrooms that I slightly cooked with the onions and celery. I just have a suggestion...redo the directions to include that you should tear the bread up in pieces first and I only added 1 onion...it calls for 4 but I think that would be too much. Thanks for a tasty Sunday dinner accompaniment.