Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Homeade Spaghetti Sauce ......Yummy!
Make and share this Ruth's Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 bushel tomatoes
- 2 heads garlic
- 3 green peppers
- 1 hot pepper
- 3 lbs onions
- 1 pint oil (half veggie & half olive oil)
- 8 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 2 extra cans tomatoe paste & 4 tomatoe sauce. will need to add more basil & oregano (8oz)
- Core and cut tomatoes into quarters. Cook tomatoes and run through the sive. Cut peppers & onions put in food processor with garlic. Cook veggies in pint of oil for 30 minutes or until soft. Put through strainer (sive) and add this juice to your tomatoe juice. Then add 8 small cans of tomatoe paste, sugar, salt, basil & oregano. Put in Electric Roaster and cook till thick. Start the timer when it comes to a boil around the edges.
- Electric Roaster at 350 degrees for 3 -3 1/2 hours.
- Heat canning jars in oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes to steralize your jars. Put lids in pot with hot simmering water. Pour cooked sauce in jars & put on lids tightly. Let them sit to seal.
- You can prepare things the day before. Let cool and cook the next day.