Recipe by Chef GreanEyes
"A perfect treat for unexpected guests because you can make them in advance, freeze them, and pop them in the oven when friends drop by." --Hall's Potato Harvest Cookbook. ** I used almost a whole bag of bbq chips on a batcfh of potato bites, as well as a lot more parmesan cheese. Also a few more eggs for the outside as well, we like them well coated!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, preferably red
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 small onion (1/4c finely chopped)
- 1 cup crushed barbecue potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400degrees.
- Peel potatoes, and cut in half. Boil until tnder when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Cook bacon in microwave until crisp; crumble into fine pieces.
- Finely chop onion. Mash potatoes with bacon and onion. Form into 1 inch balls.
- Combine cheese and chips. Roll balls in egg, and then in cheese/chi mix. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until hot throughout.