Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
"A perfect treat for unexpected guests because you can make them in advance, freeze them, and pop them in the oven when friends drop by." --Hall's Potato Harvest Cookbook. ** I used almost a whole bag of bbq chips on a batcfh of potato bites, as well as a lot more parmesan cheese. Also a few more eggs for the outside as well, we like them well coated!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, preferably red
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 small onion (1/4c finely chopped)
- 1 cup crushed barbecue potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400degrees.
- Peel potatoes, and cut in half. Boil until tnder when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Cook bacon in microwave until crisp; crumble into fine pieces.
- Finely chop onion. Mash potatoes with bacon and onion. Form into 1 inch balls.
- Combine cheese and chips. Roll balls in egg, and then in cheese/chi mix. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until hot throughout.