This was the way my Grandma Ruth would make ham steaks for a nice lunch. They go well with potato salad and corn on the cob (I think they go well with any sides!).
- Trim the fat around the edges of the ham steaks.
- Melt the apple jelly in a large skillet over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add mustard and pepper; mix in well.
- Place ham steaks into skillet and spoon sauce over them to cover.
- Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes per side, basting often.
- Turn out ham to a serving platter.
- Cut into serving size pieces as desired.