Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This layered dip is spread out on a pizza pan or round platter and looks like you spent a lot of time on it, but really it's very quick and easy! Ruth was my beloved neighbor & adopted grandma--a great cook who is very much missed. My family makes this dip for special occasions.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cansdeveined baby shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle seafood cocktail sauce
- parsley (optional)
- serve with cracker
- Mix cream cheese, Worcestershire, mayo, onion, and garlic salt together. Spread this mixture to cover the bottom of a pizza pan or round platter.
- Spread the cocktail sauce over top of the cream cheese layer.
- Remove shrimp from cans and break it up with a fork. Sprinkle the shredded shrimp over top of the cocktail sauce.
- Optional: Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Chill until serving time. Serve with crackers (we like Ritz with this).
Aww, your description made me tear up a little-I'm so sorry about Ruth. She sounds wonderful! I made this for a New Year's potluck, sans the onion and garlic salt due to taste preferences. It was a big hit and everyone loved it! I used an aluminum foil pizza pan and served it with Ritz crackers. Delicious! The only change I might make next time is to add another can of baby shrimp for looks sake, so that it covers more of the pan (it seemed like it might have been sprinkled a little thin for the pizza sized pan). The quantity of shrimp was great as it was taste wise, though, so I may not dare to alter it. Thank you for a wonderful new appetizer recipe!